Photos by David Allen
Queens Centers for Progress is made up of people working together to promote the independence of individuals with developmental disabilities. A developmental disability is defined as a condition which:
• is attributable to physical or mental impairments,
• is acquired before the individual is 22 years old,
• is likely to continue indefinitely,
• results in substantial functional limitations in three or more areas of major life activity, and
• reflects the person’s need for individually planned and coordinated services and supports of long-term duration.
QCP’s goal is to support each person in making the most of his or her talents, abilities, and interests. We seek maximum involvement from the individual in making the choices of goals and outcomes that have meaning in their lives. QueensCP.org